Friday, April 4, 2014

Expectation is a b**** but!!!

It’s amazing the amount of materials we can find on the internet regarding expectations being a whole bunch of negative adjectives, and I just don’t agree with what I’ve been seeing lately.
This is not a new feeling for me, I already gave this its fair share of thought but yesterday again, a friend of mine was posting comments about him being disappointed at someone and about this being his fault as he shouldn’t expect anything from anyone in the first place, and this made me angry, and made me think more about it, hence… here I am.

Come on people! What’s all this negativity all about!?

Obviously, if you don’t expect anything, you won’t get hurt, but helloooo isn’t this the same old issue: if you don’t risk it, you won’t get it! That’s the safe option of living but is it really living if you think of safety before thinking of living the most out of something? If you don’t take a few risks, if you don’t face your fears and yourself, you will most definitely miss opportunities too!
I feel like I am Lapalissading here but isn’t it duh??

We play the lotto or poker and we most probably won’t be a millionaire any time soon, but we keep investing a couple of dollars a day. We date this new guy we’re not sure we’re going to like but we do it anyway because we want to fall in love and live the dream. We send our CV for this great position we would love to get hired for even if we are aware that there will be plenty of other candidates. We buy these new shoes we are not sure we’ll be capable to walk in, but buy them anyway because they are so cute. Isn’t it how life is lived?

Only thing is true in all these negative posts or quotes we can find wide spread in the web, disappointment may occur, that’s the way it is, we can’t have everything going our way, all the time, it would mean that someone is not getting his way all the time too.
What I think is that we shouldn’t – no – we mustn’t rely on others when our own happiness is at stake! We are sole responsible for our choices and what they lead to.

In the end, I think I believe in Karma, do good and good will come back at you, give happiness to someone and he’ll give happiness back at you.

I saw this video a few years ago and I just love it, I hope you will too.











No comments:

Post a Comment