Thursday, April 16, 2015

The sweet sound of happiness



One of the joys of being an expat is the proximity to a multicultural environment; so it is quite normal to experience lovely moments like the one I lived today when I happened to hear the sweet sound of happiness.

In the breastfeeding room where I was today, the shallow privacy of the curtain is rapidly forgotten and parents and babies feel a shy kind of safety. Still, amazing things happen there and today was no exception. In those few minutes I could hear an Australian guy changing his son's diaper while telling him jokes in English, an Indian lady breastfeeding her daughter and singing along in Hindi and myself, enjoying the task at hand and chitchatting with my son in French, all in the privacy of those simple curtains. 

And while one may overhear mere baby talks, I clearly heard the sweet sound of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment